Job Title: Graduate Design Assistant
Starting Salary: £15,000 to be reviewed on completion of 6 month intern/probationary period
Closing date for application: 15th June 2011
Company: Kooltrade – established designers, manufacturers and distributors of nursery (children) products.
Location: Denton, East Manchester
Hours of work: 9-5pm Monday-Thursday and 9-4.00pm Fridays. In addition some weekends/evenings may be required in order to attend meetings, trade shows etc
Are you recently graduated and brimming with creative spirit? Want to hone your design skills as a member of a busy, lively product development team?
We require an enthusiastic, dynamic Design Assistant to support our Senior Designer and Product Developer in conceiving, designing, presenting and specifying new and existing product ranges for our nursery brands and for the own brand labels of major nursery retailers.
This is a growth role with support and personal development opportunites,. We expect the candidate to be fully fledged Junior Designer within 6-12 months with a salary to match!
- Identifying, analysing and presenting market and design trends.
- Obtaining and presenting market and competitor research
- Create CAD drawings and renderings of new products.
- Illustrating improved styling and functionality of existing products.
- Completing design presentations under guidance from designer(s).
- Completing product specifications.
- Assist in the creation of publicity material (adverts, POS, brochures etc).
- Assist in the design of packaging.
- Maintain server and hard copy design filing systems
- Completing other day-to-day design related tasks as requested by designer(s) and directors
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Educated to degree level within design/creative field (including graphic and surface pattern designers, although there is a strong element of product design involved)
- Flair for creative problem solving and idea generation
- Interest in and eye for ; current colour, fashion and interiors trends
- Understanding of materials and manufacturing processes
- Good organisation skills are essential
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collate and present research
- Hardworking, flexible attitude and good sense of humour
- Excellent computer skills and an understanding of some or all of the following software:
- Autocad/solidworks (desirable but not essential)
- Work experience in design field desirable but not essential
- Full driving license desirable but not essential
- Valid passport
To apply, please send a copy of your current C.V. with an accompanying letter clearly stating which position you are applying for, (this can be accompanied by up to 3 A4 sheets showing examples of your work) to:
Or by post to :
Laura Slattery, Senior Designer, Kooltrade Ltd, Unit 3 Orbital Way, Denton, Manchester, M34 3QA